Our most popular program is the online Masters of Science in Applied Health Sciences Informatics. This degree can be completed by part-time students over a 1 and 1/2 to a 3 year period. Applications for the online MS in Applied HSI class entering in 2024 will be accepted from September 1, 2023 through April 7, 2024. Click here to create an account and apply.
What is Biomedical Informatics and Data Science (BIDS)?
Click the video here to learn more:
AMIA 2022- Click the video below:
Virtual Admissions Open House, December 7, 2022
Please see presentation here.
We offer five academic programs:
- This 21 credit part-time, online program may be completed in 1-3 years.
- This 60 credit part-time, online program may be completed in 1.5-3 years.
- This 60 credit full-time, campus program is completed in 1 year.
- This 96 credit full-time, campus program is completed in 2 years.
- This grant was awarded in 2022 for pre-doctorate and post-doctorate training in the BIDS program.
While our academic programs share an interdisciplinary approach and common curriculum, each has its own focus.
Part-time students who qualify for financial aid as citizens or permanent residents of the United States must also be registered for a minimum of 5 credits combined in quarter 1 and quarter 2, and a minimum of 5 credits combined in quarter 3 and quarter 4.
The Johns Hopkins University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MHEC), as described here.
Information for state-specific online programs is available here.